Thursday, July 14, 2011

So far, so good

Today mom is coming to visit and I am really excited. She is bringing my dog Truffles Bruddy. We call him Bruddy because he is basically like my brother since I don't have a real one. Let me just say, we are all very close. Mom and I will probably go to the pool, cook dinner, and watch a movie. I am looking forward to her seeing my apartment and what I have done to it. 
Bruddy

Bruddy with a summa haircut
Bruddy

Mom and me
(I am not sure why my head looks so big)



I am leaving on Monday to go to the beach! So, today I need to go find a couple of swim suits. Hopefully I can find one on sale.  Franklin and I are going to Seagrove for a week and I am so excited. This will be a chance for me to get away and get my mind off of all the stuff happening here.
I will post pictures and highlights of the trip when I return...I know you can't wait.


Another thing I need to do today is go to the grocery to get a few things to take down to the beach. That leads me to coupons...When I first moved to Huntsville, I was introduced to couponing (thanks Leighton). Leighton is a pro and I thought I would never be able to do it, but I proved myself wrong! Now, I don't do this EVERY trip like I should because the process is not quick, but I do when I need to make BIG trips. I have never been able to save more than I spend, but I have come close! 
To get coupons, I use a site called SOUTHERN SAVERS, that updates me on the sales each week at Publix. This site gives you a link to the coupons so you can print them, tells you how to match them up, and tells you everything on sale that week. It also tells you which coupons inserts will be in the Sunday paper.
The MAIN reason I like this site, is not just for coupons, but for DEALS. I have tons of free sample stuff sent to me like:
Coupon for a free bag of Ore Ida sweet potato fries...they are good
Nivea face cream
Shampoo samples...great to travel with
Neutrogena chapstick
Little makeup bags
etc.


Aside from the free stuff, she posts deals each day such as:
-Dentek teeth whitening kit for 2.99 (got it, I will report if it works)
-Codes to get free blockbuster kiosk rentals (mostly on Mondays)
-Mall round-up deals (coupons for tons of stores at the mall; old navy, hobby lobby, gap)-the other day I got a coupon for GAP. Spend 50 pay 25. I got a cute pair of white pants that were 49.99 for 25.00.
-Magazine subscriptions for cheap
-Ice cream deals (buy one get one free)
-Coupon for free lettuce wraps at PF Changs this month (got it! and you can still get it too)
All KINDS of stuff! I check it every day. You never know what is going to pop up! Keep scrolling to page after page if you are new to this because a lot of it is stuff she posts about grocery store deals. Right now there is a Starbucks deal, which I don't like, but most people do!


Let me know what you find,
K



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to coupon! I need someone to hold my hand through it, but I am going to visit Southern Savers! Have a great trip!