Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dinner Tonight

Try this! You will love it...
John's Sesame Noodles
You will need:


1/2 lb dry Asian egg noodles (I use the ones in the pic below. Publix oriental section)


2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I just used the garlic already chopped in the jar)
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Cook and drain pasta
Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Blend well and add to noodles.
(Recipe book: Caprial's Cafe Favorites)


Now for a few important notes:
-If you don't like things spicy, don't add as many hot pepper flakes!
-I also cut up squash, zucchini, and red onion and cooked them on low in the skillet while the noodles were boiling. This is just something that makes it taste better to me.
-Now, if you're REALLY feeling it, you can add shrimp to it. I did this tonight and it was great. It makes it more of a meal rather than a side. I cooked them in the skillet as well once the vegetables were done with butter. 
Then you just add it all together...
Sesame noodles with vegetables and shrimp!


**This really doesn't take a long time. If it did I wouldn't do it. I like to make simple recipes. At first I was hesitant because anything with a lot of ingredients scares me away. Buuuutt....once you buy the stuff, you can use it time after time. It's like spices, they last forever. You will just have to buy the noodles. 


Enjoy!


Let me know if you make this and just love it...or if you hate it.


K

No comments: