Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIY Crafts

This summer, I have been really in to Do It Yourself crafts. I have been searching the internet and reading blogs about simple things that you can create yourself using only a few household items. The first thing I cam across was all different things you can do using a MASON JAR. I am definitely on this. This is from a blog I recently came across. You can of course use a clear mason jar as well.


#1
DIY BLUE MASON JAR SOAP DISPENSER

]
Hammer and screw driver needed.

Once the hole is made, just use the screw driver to pry it open to the size needed by moving it around in a circle.  The zinc was very bendable.
Next, take a plastic or metal dispenser from a soap bottle you already have, and insert it into the hole you created.  You can use a little bit of glue from a hot glue gun to hold it in place.
If the “straw” on the dispenser is too long, you may have to cut it to fit into the jar.  

Final product!
(I think the silver dispenser looks better)

#2
DIY MASON JAR STORAGE
(pictures and instructions credited to Liz  Marie)



One of my favorite elements for interior design costs less than two dollars at your local grocery store. That’s right, Mason Jars. Now, you can find some antique mason jars that cost more & some in different styles, but for this DIY project I used four simple wide mouth Mason Jars. I decided to make my first one for my first time for our master bathroom because I hate the disorganization of bags of cotton balls and other odds and ends. I was so excited that I combined my love for mason jars & stylish practicality…
Mason Jar Storage for the baƱo...


I filled my mason jars with Qtips, cotton balls, & cosmetic sponges, but you could fill yours with virtually anything that fits in a Mason Jar for any room.
What you will need to create your mason jar storage…
I painted my board to match my bathroom with this lovely shade of purple. 


Mason Jars, picture frame hangers, & some large pipe/hose clamps...

And now for some Mason Jar love to show off the final product!


#3
DIY SPRAY PAINTED MASON JARS AND MASON JAR VASES



#4
DIY MASON JAR CANDLE HOLDER

Message from fellow blogger:
It doesn’t get much easier than this. And I like simple and easy! I use this idea year round when I want to add some quick and festive flair for any event, and this is one of the cutest variations ever! We used Mason jars last winter to line our front walk way for guests, we used them this summer at my daughter’s wedding reception, and as you can see, you can use them for fall decorating too! All year round I’ve used Epsom salts to simulate snow or sand. I love the candy corn. You could try coffee beans, shells, jelly beans, marbles, cranberries … and change candle colors to coordinate with your event! The options are endless!




Try some of these and tell me what you create!

Here is another site with more mason jar ideas.
**You can get mason jars at the grocery store for cheap, from your grandmother's cabinet, or check antique stores for the blue ones**

I will post another one of my favorite DIY crafts tomorrow!

Get to work,
K


No comments: